Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I've Got To Do Something

I made yet another disparaging comment about my weight yesterday. I've got to do something about this. In the past two days, I've had two very beefy, very big burgers. If I were on Atkins, it wouldn't be a problem, but I'm not. I'm on this business trip, so monitoring my food intake is not as simple as should be. (That's just an excuse, I know.) And today, I was on an active hunt to find the best milkshake in Las Vegas. I've to rethink what I eat. And I've got to remember Oprah. She's at around 200 lbs. I want to match or beat her new weight loss, and I want to keep it off. My first step is not having dinner tonight. Just a soda. I'm really too tired to eat after staying in the airport for hours after a cancelled flight just collect my luggage. Can you believe I was there an additional 3 hours after the flight was announced as cancelled?! All I wanted to do when I got back to the hotel was lie down. What I wound up doing was checking my office e-mail. I wonder if I can learn to strike the right balance between work, my weight, and the pursuit of a fulling life.

No comments: